top of page

Children's Law Solicitor Altrincham


When a relationship breaks down, this can often involve difficulties concerning arrangements for any children of the relationship. It is important that children are not caught up in parental conflict and I will ensure that any issues concerning arrangements for children are resolved with the least amount of stress for parents and children.
I am mindful that the children’s interests are paramount, and I do encourage discussion through mediation or collaborative meetings. If arrangements cannot be agreed, I will guide you through any legal proceedings.


If matters cannot be resolved without court proceedings, there are a range of applications that can be made:

•    A Child Arrangements Order – to determine where children should live or how their time should be spent.

•    Prohibited Steps Order – which prevents one parent acting in a way which the other disagrees with e.g., changing a child’s surname

•    Specific issue order – if a parent disagrees about a specific issue e.g., which school a child can attend then the court can make an order

•    Taking children out of the country (jurisdiction) – if one parent wishes to take a child to live in another country and the other does not agree then it is necessary to apply to the court for “leave” (permission) from the court to do so.

How I Can Help


I have considerable experience in dealing with applications by parents to the family court concerning arrangements for children. I am also able to assist grandparents who are experiencing difficulties in seeing their grandchildren.


If you wish to discuss matters, for a no obligation discussion, please do not hesitate to contact me.  


For clients based outside of Cheshire or the Manchester area, I can correspond with you by email, and I can arrange interviews by phone, Skype, Facetime, Microsoft Teams or Zoom. 

bottom of page